Friday, September 23, 2011

I'm Officially Not Following This Anymore

I started following the "Test Subjects Needed" viral marketing campaign because I originally thought that it was for "The Dark Knight Rises." Then I realized that it wasn't, but Terry O'Quinn from "Lost" was part of it, so I was still intrigued. But then it just got way too smart for me. So I just stopped following it. You can check out movieviral.com if you want to know what is going on with that campaign.

Here are my thoughts: I think that it is really cool that "Test Subjects Needed" trusted its fans enough to leave a lot of stuff up to them. However, if it becomes too smart, I tend to shut down. Which is what happened. I think the creators have to walk a fine line between trusting the fans and helping us out, but the creators of this campaign trust the fans WAY too much. And I think that is a problem. Plus, let's look at what they are doing the campaign for. You'd think it was for a video game or a movie with how intricate it is. But no, it's for gum. Really? Know your product, people.

Rant over.

No comments:

Post a Comment