Sunday, July 10, 2011

John Locke is Part of Mission: Icefly!

his "Test Subjects Needed" campaign is proving more and more intriguing with each bit of information that is released. I still stand by the fact that I no longer think it has anything to do with the marketing campaign for "The Dark Knight Rises," however, I'm choosing to continue to follow it on this site. Maybe I'll turn this site into one that follows all sorts of viral marketing campaigns, not just the one for TDKR. But that's a discussion for another time. (Until I decide whether or not I am going to do that, you could let me know if you would want me to cover other campaigns or not by sounding off in the comments section of this post. If you want me to cover other campaigns, just say "yay," and if you don't, say "nay.")

The last bit of action that has happened with TSN is that they launched the "Mission Icefly" website and along with it the YouTube video of a Bonnaroo concert being bombarded with tiny blue light blinking paper helicopters. Well, a new version of that video has ended up online, but this version has a special surprise at the end of it.
Did you catch the new addition at the end of the video? It's a choppy video of a goateed Terry O'Quinn, better known as John Locke from the hit TV show LOST.
Terry being in this video and thus part of this campaign definitely lends a certain credibility to the whole thing, in my opinion. Did you hear what he says? It's difficult to make out, but it starts out with "We all have certain..." Certain what, Terry?!? My thinking is that we will find out more next week as the countdown clock on the Mission Icefly website reaches zero. Speaking of that website, if you go back and visit it, there are some mysterious letters down at the bottom of the screen.
It is definitely a sentence with some letters blocked out, Wheel of Fortune style. I'm guessing we will find out what it says, soon. Thanks to MovieViral for the heads up about this development. They still seem to think it's for Wrigley's 5 gum, but I'm thinking it's something bigger now that Terry O'Quinn is involved. What would I like it to be, if my wildest dreams came true? A final final season of LOST, one that actually answers all of the questions. That would be phenomenal, but I highly doubt it. Check back next week as the countdown clock reaches zero, and don't forget to comment about my idea, or to take the poll!

No comments:

Post a Comment